CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

In My Mailbox #16

First of all, I've decided that my IMM needs a wee bit of a change. Cute as the little snailmail pic, is, I've decided to retire it. After spending far too long looking online for a new image to use, I stumbled across an amazing craft blog called Hungry Hippy. She had a tutorial up on how to make beautiful gift-wrap out of sheet music. A permission-seeking email later, I'm happy to announce that my IMM image is changing from this:


To this!

Far, more sophisticated, don't you think? And I need all the help I can get to at least appear sophisticated. I'm definitely going to try my hand at making the giftwrap so that all my letters and parcels look amazing too. You can check out the tutorial here.

In My Mailbox (IMM) is a weekly feature organised by The Story Siren. IMM is a post where you can show which books entered your house and it also gives you a chance to say thank you to the people that kindly sent them. To find out more about how you can join in, click here.

I haven't done one of these for a couple of weeks so I have quite a few books to share! Always a joy. Click on the titles to be linked to Goodreads for a bit more info on each book. 

From Me Mam!
White Crow by  Marcus Sedgewick
Red Leaves by Paullina Simons
The Surgeon by Tess Gerritsen

Charity Shop Finds
What The Night Knows by Dean Koontz
Full Dark, No Stars by Stephen King
Oranges Are Not The Only Fruit by Jeanette Winterson
The Harrowing by Alexandra Sokoloff

Won from Quercus a Facebook competition
Bereft by Chris Womersley
 [The challenge was to write an anagram of "Valentine's Day". I came up with these gems: An invested lay. A Nasty, evil den. Anal dye: invest. Ale Van Destiny! (If I ever start a band, that should be our name...). I don't know which one won, but I suspect it was the one about the anal dye...]

Sent to me by Hodder & Stoughton for an honest review. 
Advent by James Treadwell

From Audible
The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey 
I am simply incapable of turning down the £5.99 Audible sale. It took all of my restraint (though, admittedly, I don;t have much...) to just buy one. But out of 500 titles, I chose this one , so let's hope it's good!

So there you have it. As ever, let me know if you've read them, want to read them and so on. Oh, and remember I'm always up for a UK book swap if you see any titles you fancy. 

Love and peaceful reading.
L x

8 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a lot of good books! I hope you enjoy all you got!

    Here's my IMM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Snow Child looks interesting.
    Happy reading
    http://kristina-worldofbooks.blogspot.com/2012/03/in-my-mailbox-48.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great haul this week! The new image is great, but the snail was so cute too!

    Check out my IMM and GIVEAWAY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm quite fond of the Quercus imprint anagrams...they do them on Twitter too. I thought Bereft was beautifully written. Hope you enjoy The Snow Child, no idea what the audio is like but I loved reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your new sophisticated IMM pic, although the snail is quite adorable :D I look forward to your reviews ;D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Red Leaves looks really good! I have read Simons' Bronze Horseman books and loved them so I am definitely going to have to check this one out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome, awesome books. I love the covers of these books.
    Happy reading :)
    Janiera @This is From my Heart

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic mailbox! I especially love those charity shop finds :) Heard great things about Marcus Sedgewick, so I hope you enjoy his book! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

I am an attention seeker and, as such, I HEART comments! Let me know what you are thinking and it will put a smile on my face!