CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Get those creative juices flowing and dig out your morals.

A quickie post today just so that I can share some awesome news! Figment are hosting an amazing competition this month which I thought was exciting enough to share. 

(Details taken from the Figment website. Check out the full specs and click here to enter).


“The boy’s name was Santiago.” These are the first words of the world’s most beloved modern fable, The Alchemist. This tale follows Santiago on his quest for hidden treasure by way of one or two weird-but-secretly-very-wise people, a long trip on the back of a camel, and, most importantly, a long talk with the wind. How will your fable begin? And will you find treasure at the end of it?


There’s a big treasure to be found: Figment is giving $1,000 to the winner of our fable-writing contest, judged by none other than the king of fabulists himself: Paulo Coelho, author of The Alchemist. (Yes, you may start hyperventilating now.)
Your challenge is to write a fable (a short story with a moral) in less than 1200 words, set in a fictional country on the day before the final battle in a devastating war. Paulo Coelho will read the finalists and decide the winner. Which is kind of like having your poem read by Robert Frost or your play read by Arthur Miller. Which is, well, amazing.
The deadline for entries is Sunday, June 19 at 11:59pm EST. Then YOU have the power to determine the 10 finalists that go to Paulo Coelho by hearting your favorite entries. Just browse below and heart as many entries as you like. Voting will continue until Friday, July 1 at 11:59pm EST. Please read the official rules before entering. Good luck, everyone!

I'm thinking of giving this a whirl myself... I just have to find my morals and give them a good polish before I attempt to write any kind of morality tale!

Lx

1 comment:

I am an attention seeker and, as such, I HEART comments! Let me know what you are thinking and it will put a smile on my face!