CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tag! You're it!

I was tagged by Kelly (aka Anime Wookie) over at My Gallery of Worlds. It's been years since a played a good ol' game of tag, so this might be fun!

The Rules 
1. Answer the eleven questions that were asked of you by the person who tagged you
2. Make up eleven new questions and tag eleven new people to do the meme! 
3. Let them know you tagged them!

So first of all, here are the questions Kelly asked me and my answers to them.

1. If you could describe your life in a colour, what would it be and why?

I think I'd probably choose purple. Purple has the potential to be a warm and vibrant colour, but it also has the association with bruising. Life is all about ups and downs and I think purple can be both lovely and ugly.





2. Do you have any pets? If so, what are they, their names and why do they fit your personality? 
I have two dogs: a Border Collie called Rikku and a Shih Tzu called Ewok. They “fit” my personality in different ways. Rikku (a bitch, but hopefully that's not the bit that fits me!) is intelligent, affectionate and cuddly. Ewok is slightly daft, has bad hair days and likes to be warm and lazy. So they both reflect aspects of my personality. Oh, and their names highlight my geekiness! Rikku is the name of a character in Final Fantasy X and Ewok...well if you don't know what an Ewok is then you've no place in my universe.

3. Where did you fit in in high school...jock, band geek, popular crowd...etc?
I'm not sure I “fit in” anywhere, really! Then or now. I was one of the clever kids in school and I often had my nose in a book and my head in the clouds. I did have a few friends though. I guess we were the off-beat-outsiders.

4. How do you react in an emergency...fight or flight, go get help, the calm one?
I'm surprisingly good in an emergency, especially as I often struggle to keep my shit together when it comes to the everyday business of being.

5. If they were making a movie of your life, who would you chose to play you... why?
Ooo that's a really tough one! I don't hold much love for a lot of the younger actresses out there. A few too many of them have too-little talent and too-prominent clavicles! I haven't seen my clavicles in a while... Three young actresses who spring to mind who I do like a whole bunch are Emma Stone, Saoirse Ronan and Ellen Page. None of them look like me, but I like them.

My favourite actresses of all time are Sigourney Weaver and Kathy Bates. Unfortunately Weaver is 36 years my senior and Bates 40 years! Still, if it's an “ideal world” sort of question, then I'd pick one of these two. Hopefully Kathy Bates wouldn't have to don her Annie Wilkes outfit...


6. Why is your best friend your best friend, what makes them so special?
I'm bad at keeping friends. My head is constantly absorbed in some story or another and I often pay less attention than I really should to the real world. Luckily, my husband is forgiving of my madness and my family have 27 years of not taking it personally.

7. If money was no object, and you were going to buy yourself something completely frivolous, what would it be, and why?
An iPad plus THIS!

Oh my God, do you see how cool that is?! It's a typewriter for an iPad! It will be mine. Oh yes, it will be mine.

7. (Yes, I know. Another one...) Three words that describe your personality?
Changeable. Creative. Quirky.

8. Who was your favourite teacher and how did they influence you?
My English teacher was my favourite, of course! All of them. I'm not sure any teacher “influenced” me, but I liked those teachers who loved what they taught and those who taught what I loved. English teachers were the best of both worlds.

9. What do you consider true strength?
The ability to stick to your guns when the going gets tough, even when it seems like the whole world is against you. Strong people can always stand up for what they believe in.

10. What is your favourite game? (video, board, card...any kind)
I'm going to love Final Fantasy 'til the day I die. Although the recent instalments have let me down, the earlier games were great. I've also been a little bit in love with Ragnar Tornquist ever since I played The Longest Journey, and cannot wait until The Secret World goes live this year. Have a gander at this trailer for said piece of awesomeness!


See? You want it too, right? You can check out more about TSW at the website

11. What season do you love the most, why?
Summer. I love the scents of suntan lotion, grass and warmth. Here in Wales it's usually cold. Wet and clammy so every truly sunny day is like a rare treasure. I often fail to make the most of these days, but I'm planning on having my garden fixed up a bit this year, so that should hopefully change! I like the promise of Spring, the cosiness of Autumn and the crisp cold of Winter too, but nothing beats a family barbecue on a hot day.

Now the point of this is to tag eleven other bloggers to answer the eleven questions I set them, which is hard because whole bunches of other bloggers have already been tagged! So let's see...*Browses Google Reader...* I'm a-tagging...

1. Catrin at So Catrin Says
2. Chelsea at Hyper Critic Reviews
3. Sharon at Beck Valley Books
5. Andrew at The Pewter Wolf
7. Raimy at Readeraptor
8. Brett at Demons Read Too
9. Jessica at Starlit Reading
10. Lena at Lena Sledge Blog
But if anyone wants to enter then go ahead and answer THESE QUESTIONS!

Question 1
What is your favourite thing about blogging?

Question 2
Who is your favourite literary hero or heroine and why?

Question 3 
Who is your favourite villain?

Question 4
If you ever wrote your autobiography, what would the title be and why?

Question 5
If you could choose any famous figure (dead or alive, past or present) to spend a day with, who would it be and why?

Question 6
As a kid, what did you want to be when you "grew up"?

Question 7
What are you most looking forward to in 2012?

Question 8
What happened in the last dream you had? 

Question 9
Do you have any bad habits that you're willing to admit to?

Question 10
What was the worst job you ever had and what made it so bad?

Question 11
Are you a practical person or a bit of a daydreamer? 

I hope you enjoyed my Q&A. If you decide to answer the questions and continue the tagging yourself, then put a link in the comments below. Oh, and if you don;t know how to already, you can learn how to embed your links into comments here.

Lx

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tag! I'll answer and post asap. On my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooooo so sorry about the double 7...lol Hope you had fun anyway :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, it's an ideal world...you can use Bates or Weaver...lol
    Sorry for the extra question ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe I loved your pictures of the iPad-typewriter and "camera phone" :). My favorite questions of the ones you made were (1) about the villain - it was more obscure and made me think and (2) favorite hero/ine.

    Thanks for tagging, and sorry it took me forever to get back to you! I got tagged twice within a couple of days so I was working on answering 21 questions instead of 11 :) (The other was a 10Q version). Come see!

    ReplyDelete

I am an attention seeker and, as such, I HEART comments! Let me know what you are thinking and it will put a smile on my face!